• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project COOOL DUUUDE
That would be perfect if we never had to wear work shirts, and have them tucked at all times, and the boss never dropped by inadvertedly to check on us XD

I could see me incorprating the velcro idea from my hat into one of these, but having a huge point in the middle of my back might make punters think I'm just some freak of nature
(We all know I'm a freak of nature, but we don't want the tourists to)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
This got me thinking.... how else can you keep your head cool then I remembered:
[Image: ruth.jpg]

Babe Ruth already had it figured out. Check out this link
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/925

The babe would simply put a cabbage leaf in his hat and it kept him cool for 9 innings!
[Image: 62374]
As the story goes, Ruth changed cabbage leaves every couple innings.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Don't wear denim or heavy fabrics. Denim and heavy fabrics hold in body heat and will make you hotter than you have to be. Avoid wearing tight clothing as well.

Wear light fabrics such as cotton. It will allow your skin to breath and won't trap as much body heat, so you'll stay a lot cooler. Another thing you can do to keep cool is wear a damp bandana on your head. If you're at home and have nowhere to go, this is an excellent way to stay cool if you don't have air conditioning.
sharn, how about getting a set of minifans, like ones found within computers [not the CPU fan] but fans that go onto graphic cards and such, then you could implement it into the hat easier Big Grin
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
I was thinking a pair of 40mms, but as I said earlier in the topic it'd make far too much noise, I could *just about* get away with an 80mm but it won't fit
As you do...
I'd go with the cabbage. Give those farmers money they need and if you come across a homeless person you can feed them
(10-07-2010, 08:29 PM)bigsharn Wrote: Ok, well as a few of you know I overheat easily, especially when out on bike rides, so I was after a way of cooling myself down without forking out a fortune on cool suits etc.

Big sharn, I have been giving this a lot of thought lately. When your on a bike, the wind is already hitting you in the face. The fan may be a redundancy. I racked my brain to figure out the next element.... the next variable that can add an extra degree (no pun intended) of coolness to your situation.

I began to think of the properties of water. Why do we sweat? I recalled that water absorbs the heat from your body and when it evaporates it carries the heat away. Maybe you can implement some sort of misting system to spray water on your face as you ride your bike.

As an added bonus you could also install a fan so you can stay double cool when you are at a stop light.
What was wrong with the hat Mark said anyway. I've got one, they work fine
It's the fact that it's a small fan and I want to use it while talking to punters at work, and the fans like that are far too noisy for that.

And SSB, it is a lot more than just the sweat, I was looking at a water dispersal unit, but it'd cost too much to implement properly, and the amount of weight I'd need to carry around and the amount I'd need to top up makes it impractical, it's more for my back and the back of my neck when that sweats, there's no way the wind will help with that, hence the hat and shirt. :p
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project: Armchair on wheels bigsharn 41 76,677 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bigsharn