• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project COOOL DUUUDE
Ok, well as a few of you know I overheat easily, especially when out on bike rides, so I was after a way of cooling myself down without forking out a fortune on cool suits etc.

Roll on: Project COOOL DUUUDE

Basically, the plan is to find a way to keep me cooler at work (and less so on bike rides), knowing that I have a few no-name case fans around I was thinking of mounting one in the hat of my uniform so that when I take it off, it won't be caked in sweat... As such I'll need (at least):
A pressure switch
A PP3 battery and connector
A fan capable of moving lots of air, very quickly (though testing will be done with a no-name fan so I don't blow it up)
A fan guard (so as not to give myself a haircut every time I turn it on)

...I say "at least" because I'm highly tempted to wire two batteries up at once to the same fan, I don't know what overvolting a fan will do other than make it go faster, but I also want the setup to be waterproof, so I'll need to come up with an enclosure for the entire thing (probably butchering some plastic mack and a lightweight material for the frame).

Any thoughts? Especially on overvolting the fan?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
dar dar, £12 please.

[Image: solar-cap.gif]
Thats a pretty awsome hat!
Also what supercharging the fan could do is overheat the wires and cause them to melt onto you/burn your hat... While you are wearing it.
Lets not supercharge the fan shall we? :nope
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Hmm, sounds like a plan, I measured it up properly and I would be able to fit an 80mm in there at the most

1. I don't have an 80mm fan
2. It'd be too noisy when talking to a victim potential customer
As you do...
(13-07-2010, 09:10 PM)bigsharn Wrote: 2. It'd be too noisy when talking to a victim potential customer

What were you just about to say right there? :ermm
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
XD I work as an on-street salesman, there's nothing suspicious about it
As you do...
if you want to shift air quickly use a mini turbine Big Grin it way more efficient
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
...Fancy building one for me? Big Grin
As you do...
if you pay me Big Grin
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
bigsharn how is this project coming along? I did some research for you and came across this website:

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/usb_...lothes.php

notice that it is usb powered... maybe now we might want to think of battery powered usb source. that way you could ride your bike and power an appliance such as that
[Image: 62374]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project: Armchair on wheels bigsharn 41 76,686 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bigsharn