• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be using Kinect?
Kinect for the Xbox 360 is a "controller-free gaming and entertainment experience" created by Microsoft for the Xbox 360. Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, it enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller through a natural user interface using gestures, spoken commands, or presented objects and images.

The project is aimed at broadening the Xbox 360's audience beyond its typical gamer base. Kinect is scheduled to launch worldwide starting with North America on November 4, 2010.

I personally would rather just sit back and use a controller, than jump around looking like an idiot.

Thoughts?
Wii anyone?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(08-07-2010, 06:58 PM)bigsharn Wrote: Wii anyone?

I told my friend the same thing. If I want a motion sensing console, I'll play the Wii I already own. Smile
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
It's the same with the Playstation Move, If I wanted that motion sensing crap I'd get a Wii for the £50 more it costs brand new INCLUDING 2 games (hence why I left the Wii out of the Total Immersion Gaming thread... that plus 720p = fail)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
It is technology that has the smell of a US military/government contracted project. The ability to sense and detect motion and make logical and accurate "guesses" as to what the camera device is seeing/detecting would in theory have a host of different uses for entertainment and even more importantly unmanned vehicles/weapons. What is the best way to figure out all of the bugs in a given technology? Test the living hell out of it using the populous as guinea pigs. Lol
Kinect is PSMove which is Wii, which is based on the PSEye

Actually, Kinect has more resemblance to the PSEye which made SONY a hell load of money for the PS2. Sadly, I don't think Xbox will bring a games range to support it, unlike SONY.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.