• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take people's lunch off them because it's not healthy enough
Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what a school in Pemberton reckons qualifies for a good healthy eating policy...

That's how it seems after the school CONFISCATED THE KID'S CHEESE SANDWICH! Apparently it never adhered to their healthy eating policy, as it never contained either lettuce or tomato as well as the cheese. Oh, did I forget to mention the kid was ONLY TWO YEARS OLD?

Ok, so the article’s not amazingly informative, in that it doesn’t tell us whether an alternative was given (we’d guess so, but following the budget cuts and looking at Britain’s stupid health and safety laws it wouldn’t surprise us if the poor kid was just left to starve). But the idea of taking a 2-year old’s lunch away from them because:

1. Their parents provided the “wrong” food (not them)
2. The council has some extremely stupid ideals on what boundaries are
3. A cheese sandwich isn’t healthy enough food (and yet my little brother eats nothing but cheese for lunch and is medically underweight)

I’m sure most will agree that it’s a stupid ideal, so I won’t bother going on about it, but I figured it might make interesting reading… And yes, I realise that the article is almost 2 months old, but I only came across it this week last week (thank you X10 for making me change that)

On a side note, we’re also launching our own campaign…
Cheese sandwiches:
Understand that
NOBODY has the right to
Take them away
The next time that you see someone taking someone else’s cheese sandwich, we urge you to scream C.U.N.T at the top of your lungs, and encourage your kids to do the same, in the likely case that it happens in school.

We ought to be more careful where we leave our non-healthy eating food topics… After all, Wigan Council may blacklist MCompute on just those grounds…
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Agreed; i'd like to see them take one of our cheese sandwiches. :evil

If Wigan try blacklisting, they shall feel a wraith. I mean, ermmm..
That's just silly.

"I have an hour to kill in Wigan. I reckon I'll mange around 25"

=]
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
My primary school just got rid of a similar policy because all the parents were bitching.
The school wouldn't allow anything except fruit to be eaten at break times. Strangely enough, the school was also selling fruit to the kids. That's no coincidence. There are alot of campaigns against my primary school. I hated it. I never paid attention, and still managed to be top of the class. They taught me nothing for the 3 years I was there, except how to stick up for yourself when you're the geeky kid. My mum is annoyed about the coaches the school insists on using. They provide lap belts, and it has been proven they are worse than not wearing a seatbelt at all in some cases.
Wait, people had to wear seatbelts in class? 0.o
All my school has done to make us eat healthier is changed all the cokes, to coke zero, and gave us Powerade Zero, which taste like shit. xD

My schools owns. :yep
(01-07-2010, 08:39 PM)Mark Wrote: Wait, people had to wear seatbelts in class? 0.o

I was thinking the same thing. o.o
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
"My mum is annoyed about the coaches the school insists on using. They provide lap belts, and it has been proven they are worse than not wearing a seatbelt at all in some cases."

Read the post Mark :fp
As you do...
So..You have to wear a belt..on the bus? o.o Someone please explain. xD
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Stupid health and safety laws... you only need to do it on trips over 50 miles
As you do...
I thought it was sports coaches and seat belts in class rooms. :erm