• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Well ladies and gents, we're back
Apologies again for the messing up of the forums but as we mentioned on the splash screen, it's not our fault.

We've been with X10 hosting since we started up and they think it's ok to just take our server offline, not provide us with backups and not warn us that they were going to do it, so here we are stuck with a backup from an age ago.

We're sorry for the monumental cock up but now we've moved hosts, put the site back up and we're back, better than ever (I say that, I mean Mark's finally seen the wisdom of backing up daily).

Enjoi!
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Daily backups, here i come!
Apparently all of the registration i.e. user info was lost as well, at least I could re-register with the same name again. That would have been a bummer. It is funny how even those of us who preach backups (myself included) it usually takes losing something before you really implement it. So is life, experience teaches wisdom
Agreed, nice to have you back Big Grin
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
(30-06-2010, 10:02 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Apparently all of the registration i.e. user info was lost as well, at least I could re-register with the same name again. That would have been a bummer. It is funny how even those of us who preach backups (myself included) it usually takes losing something before you really implement it. So is life, experience teaches wisdom

Yeah, the backup i had was admittedly a few days old. I myself preach about backing up and a hit like this has certainly taught me a lesson!

Glad to have you back. :thumbs
O.O Sure as hell ain't retyping that article. :p
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(30-06-2010, 10:20 PM)Christopha Wrote: O.O Sure as hell ain't retyping that article. :p

+1 :yep
Luckily, I keep text backups of my articles
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Once the previous host sorts it's self out. I'll export the database, FTP and up it to my spare domain. Go through - see what we're missing and manually bring it over.

It's only fair. Smile
So I get my 400 posts back?