• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torrent via VPN
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions and i'de really appreciate your help.

First, if i use a VPN such as hidemyass, and bttorrent, will that allow me to torrent without getting caught at school or home?

Second, I have found that people suggest chaining the IP address, but my wifi changes the IP address, every night i believe, so is that enough for me to torrent?

I can offer more information if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Travis
If you use a VPN they'll be able to see a lot of traffic (depends on how much you're downloading) but they won't be able to see what you're downloading. It will most likely be slower as well.

Your external IP at home changing won't really matter because it'll be monitor by the ISP anyway
Thank you Mark, do you think it would be ok, to go through a VPN then? What would you do in my position?

Travis
As long as I am not downloading too much, I "should" be fine?
Yeah pretty much as long as it's not 100GB a day or something then it should be fine. Also if you have any bandwidth usage caps from your ISP be sure not to go over them. As for which VPN to use it's up to you really I've not used any of the online services only PPTP and SSL VPNs to Windows servers.
Thank you for the help mark!

Kulsum- I was looking at Btguard, but i was also looking at hidemyass. I'm not sure which one I will go with. I have heard good things about both, I just know a little more about hidemyass.

If you have any advice to sway me one way, I would love to hear it.

Thank you,

Travis