• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to take screenshots / printscreens of your Android based phone from Windows

How to take screenshots / printscreens of your Android based phone from Windows

First of all.. I'm an iPhone user, (which has this feature built in), and I don't understand this roundabout way just to take a screenshot of your phone. Anyway.. this is how it's done.

1) Start out by downloading and installing the drivers for your Android phone. link here (You need to install the Android SDK for this.. see step 4)

2) Once you've installed the drivers, go to settings on your phone then Applications then Development and enable USB Debugging.

[Image: usb-debugging.png]

3) Download the Java Development Kit (JDK) from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ there's a lot of files on there and it's pretty confusing..
I Installed: Windows x64 87.41 MB jdk-7u3-windows-x64.exe

[Image: java-se-7.png]

4) After you've Installed the JDK, Install the Android SDK from, http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
I Installed: installer_r16-windows.exe

[Image: android-sdk.png]

5) Plug your phone in to your computer via USB.

6) Go to the directory where you installed the SDK
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools

And run the file:
ddms.bat

7) The Dalvik Debug Monitor will open. Make sure your device is listed in the upper-left window, and select it by clicking on it once.

If it throws an error here make sure you've got the correct USB drivers installed for your phone, (check in Device Manager)

8) To take a screenshot, select Device > Screen capture …

[Image: dalvik-debug-monitor.png]

9) The Device Screen Capture window will open, and display whatever is being displayed on your Android phone.

I can do it from within my phone..
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Ooo! Smancy! How?
Just use your iPhone camera to snap a pics of your laptop screen, or use your laptop webcam to take pics of your iphone screen!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jailbreak your Windows Phone 7 [ChevronWP7] Mark 1 6,257 26-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Drumm
  [Android] How to link your hotmail account to receive emails to your phone Mark 0 12,900 30-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Mark