• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Overview / Review of FlaTank - A Free Android Tank Game

An Overview / Review of FlaTank - A Free Android Tank Game

Name of the Application:
FlaTank

Description
A straight forward addictive retro style 2D action tank game YOU can have a hand in designing.
Go to the www.FlaTank.com download page to get the free maze editor and submit the code for the maze you design on the feedback page. The intention is to have at least 500 levels.
Also, please take time to leave feedback to improve the game.

If it's too easy, keep playing...

Available on:
Android (1.6 and above)
BlackBerry

Written in:
B4A

Current Version:

Category:
Arcade & Action

Size:
1.7M

Price:
Free

Advertisements:
No

Content Rating:
Everyone

Default language:
English

Requires rooted device:
No

Average rating:
5 stars

Where can I get this App?

Android Market: (Recommended)
FlaTank in the Android Market

Slide Me App Market
FlaTank in the Slide Me App Market

Overview

You're the blue tank, the aim of the game is to drive round a maze, (different on each level) and kill all opposing enemies!
You can control your tank using the 4 buttons to the left (reminded me of the arrow keys on a playstation pad) to shoot a bullet you press the circle button on the right.
To stop your tank from moving, tap on the screen. Your health is shown on the bar at the top of the screen.

In the Android Market

[Image: FlaTank-01.png]

Once It's downloaded and Installed, launch the game.

[Image: FlaTank-02.png]

Very brief splash screen.

[Image: FlaTank-03.png]

Level 3, an example of the easier levels.

[Image: FlaTank-04.png]

Level 11, on this level you can see that the enemies are stuck behind those rocks / walls! Each brown wall takes two bullets to destroy. The silver walls cannot be destroyed.

[Image: FlaTank-05.png]

[Image: FlaTank-06.png]

When you die your screen appears cracked and you restart the level automatically.

[Image: FlaTank-07.png]

Want to disable the wonderful music? I pressed the menu button on my phone and it brought it up.

[Image: FlaTank-08.png]

When you complete a level you get a robot of sorts voice that says "next level", when you die you get the same guy telling you you've failed!

Cons
  • You can't see how many levels there are. (I was interested to see how many there are and how many I've completed)
  • There's no way to play a certain level again (I wanted to go back to level 1 to take a screenshot!)
  • For me, the movement buttons (on the left) were a bit small / close (gets harder when there's more enemies)

This application was made by Latch, you can find him here among other places.

My recommendation is definitely download, it's a good game which can be played when traveling or as a 10 minute time filler and it's FREE without ads.

As mentioned there's also a free downloadable Maze editor which you can use to create your own levels. I'm yet to try this.

1) Kiss ass
2) Where did you get an Android device
3) Kiss ass
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Let's play somebodies jelly they can't make an Android game!
I don't know how I missed this review when it was fresh.

There are ads now! Hahaha! But they disappear when you destroy the first foe and there is an easter egg that disables them. Also when you beat the game you get the opportunity to replay the whole game again with enemy aggression cranked all the way up. I don't know if the game is beatable in this mode.

I also added a second splash screen where I can communicate with the player at any time. I received a free BlackBerry PlayBook for porting it to their distribution site! Weeee! FlaTank is now on like 15 distribution sites including Amazon and there are 105 levels in the free version.

I think I am coming up on 4000 downloads so far and I can track the levels that are played, because an ad request is sent with every level. March 15 had the most levels played with 1924 levels. Total levels played to date is 27538. I've made $0.92 so far but if you include the PlayBook I got that brings my total to $201(Black Friday PlayBook price)!

FlaTank Prime will be be available soon! It's a paid version that will include several new features and more levels.

And the voice is mine lowered with Audacity and I am pretty sure Drumm could write a game.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I don't see the ads.. Muhaha
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(18-04-2012, 05:29 PM)Drumm Wrote: I don't see the ads.. Muhaha

Fill rate varies by location and you misspelled mwahaha!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Yeah, if only Drumm wasn't so lazy. If only! Also, how have you only made $1 with 30,000 level impressions?
(19-04-2012, 12:23 AM)Mark Wrote: Yeah, if only Drumm wasn't so lazy. If only! Also, how have you only made $1 with 30,000 level impressions?

Fill rate is only 28% so I only have 8000 impressions. Click through rate is half a percent.
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlaTank latch 11 25,168 08-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Last Post: latch
  Linux Game Devs Upload Their Own Game To The Pirate Bay, It Increases Sales (NTTE) Mark 1 9,274 25-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Drumm
  Free paid android apps Pack3t SynAck3r 3 11,378 16-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Valve releasing a free game today (Unreal Tournament: Alien Swarm) Mark 0 4,486 19-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Mark