• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon of Choice - Mice
As you probably all know I spend most of the day in front of a computer, more often than not doing graphic work (or writing articles). Most of you don’t know that I’ve got some really bad problems with my bones hurting and seizing up (family problem, don’t worry about it), so picking out peripherals for myself is important, as I need comfort and accuracy. Hence my new Weapon Of Choice feature

On a Sunday I’ll be giving my rundown of my personal favourite peripherals, from the perspective of comfort and professional usability (gaming or otherwise), this week it’s computer mice

Most people are content with using a mouse they get with a kit PC, but for me, they’re neither comfortable enough or responsive enough. So here is a list of my favourite mice:

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0
I know, I said Microsoft in a list of my favourite mice but hear me out… When I found out I couldn’t use a laptop touchpad anymore I needed a durable, nice mouse to use for graphics work at college, asked around and this was the recommendation
Now, in honesty I wasn’t expecting much, but the way the hand moulds to the mouse (I’m a palm gripper) is excellent. The accuracy is very good for a non-gaming advertised mouse and it’s extremely durable, it lasted an entire year of being thrown in my bag in a rush and bashed about because I never secured it properly and still worked perfect (until the time I got annoyed at Red Alert 3 and it made contact with my wall).

Razer Deathadder
Reckoned to be the gamer’s choice I have to admit I’ve never actually had a chance of gaming or doing art with this, but from the brief chance I had to let it fit in my hand it’s extremely comfortable. There’s also a version out for cack left-handers and Mac users so it’s the most universally available mouse as well. The amount of people that recommend it on gaming forums other than ours is also phenomenal so it has a decent fan base as well.

Logitech MX Revolution/Performance MX
My personal favourite all-rounder. It’s not ideal for FPS as the mouse isn’t the easiest to manoeuvre with the way it fits your hand, but as far as RTS and graphical work goes, it’s extremely good. It’s responsive and even with my dodgy bones I can use it for a 36 hour gaming session. It’s also wireless, which means you don’t have to mess around with keeping a cable out of the way all the time.
I've never used the Performance MX myself but it's the same shape and size as the MX Revolution, but with an improved sensor. As for the price I'd be happy to pay 100 Euros for a mouse, especially one I know I'd get a decent amount of use with.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Never used any of them, but i used to use the Intellimouse 3.

[Image: MS%20IntelliMouse%20Explorer.gif]

It was a gooden, i can't remember what happened to it. I think something broke.
Haha, My school has some of those! I myself am using a Logitech wireless USB one.
Not the best but it was £20 and it's pretty comfortable for a standard mouse. Highly responsive and really good for a cheapo one
They see me trollin', they hatin'.