• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Tongue 
Couldn't not join really.

I have worked in IT for 26 years (yikes!). Back in my day, portable meant 360K on 5.25" black paper and plastic things that were not so much floppy as foldable. And PCs were more personal than portable.

Enough of the war stories.

Anyone want help with their COBOL? :hehe
26 years? Sweet Jesus... I thought I was old school remembering using 3.25" with Win 95, but Jesus :p

Welcome to the forum!
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Hey Mark,

Welcome aboard, glad you could sign up.

I've not even used a floppy disk, i'm the new skwl.
Thanks.

I like doing what I do for a living. The only thing about doing this job that really bothers me is that I am expected to retire when I'm 65!

(10-06-2010, 09:10 AM)bigsharn Wrote: 26 years? Sweet Jesus... I thought I was old school remembering using 3.25" with Win 95, but Jesus :p

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, Mark

How often have you seen me use a floppy, or a Zip disk for that matter? I remember their being 50 quid for a box of 10 (and that's when 50 quid really was 50 quid, my lad), and you don't want to know how many I kn*ckered by bending or creasing because I didn't take care packing them in a desk drawer or briefcase.

Glad to be new school too.

Mark

(10-06-2010, 01:08 PM)Mark Wrote: Hey Mark,

Welcome aboard, glad you could sign up.

I've not even used a floppy disk, i'm the new skwl.
Welcome aboard, me hearty! Y'arr Mark Wood, create a English (pirate) language that translates it all, for the benefit of ye landlubbers....
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
ummm. I'm not sure i know how to do that. Sad
Use a swear filter Tongue
"Swear word: Becomes:"
" Ye You "
I can set up banned words and make them anything i want, so i could turn cat in to dog. The list is currently empty though. I've also set up banned accounts and emails Wink
I remember floppies. I used to use them with my old M4 when I was like 5 years old. I had to throw it away like 4 years back though. Viruses and whatnot attacked it before I ever got into computers.
I had to use floppies when I was younger. I always wrecked them. And yeah, Drumms method could work. Or ask how Facebook did theirs
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick Introduction! alden 6 18,619 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: annaharris