• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIOD One - A bluetooth communication gadget for cyclists

HIOD One - A bluetooth communication gadget for cyclists

One for the cyclists of the forum.
Between your bell, (or horn in some cases), lights and cycling computer there's probably not much room left on your handlebars.

If you're tired of having to speak up to converse with your riding partner, perhaps you'll clear a little real estate for this bluetooth communicator that lets you talk to your fellow cyclists from up to 1,300 feet away, it can also be used to place phone calls and listen to music on your phone. The control panel mounts on your handlebars, but the "wireless" voice unit is a bulky box best worn on an armband or clipped to your chest. While the voice unit isn't hardwired to the controller, it does require you to plug in an earpiece and microphone to use it.

I know nothing of bike gear, so here's some pictures.

[Image: hiod-one-01.png] [Image: hiod-one-02.png]

Been done before... Most cyclists on the more serious group rides tend to use a radio microphone system anyway, so you can have a conversation just like you're sat in a bar. This just happens to be a wireless incarnation of the same technology
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
In heavy wind and/or rain would it still work fine since its wireless. And how much does it cost?
(07-10-2011, 01:12 AM)Fireren Wrote: And how much does it cost?

It's not been released yet. I think they're gaging interest first before a full release or so I read somewhere. So there's no official price.
I can guarantee the price will be unfeasible though, especially with the list of features.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(07-10-2011, 10:46 AM)bigsharn Wrote: I can guarantee the price will be unfeasible though, especially with the list of features.

yay, more overpriced stuff for me to buy! Not.