• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find your I.P
(06-10-2011, 06:49 PM)The Mentor Wrote: Fireren - Everyone has a dynamic ip you just dont really use it (hacking wise) , static is your like most important i.p you shouldnt worry about your dynamic ip , theres not point.

Ahh, I thought that you only had a dynamic ip with certain ISP's.

I tried to troll but I can't see people giving out bad networking info.

(06-10-2011, 06:49 PM)The Mentor Wrote: Mark - You would have 4 HIDDEN i.ps but only 2 main i.p's

This is wrong, your router has 1 IP address, (known as a public IP address). Each device behind your router then has an individual internal IP address, (also known as private IP addresses) private IP addresses cannot be used on the internet and this is why we use technologies such as PAT and NAT. ANY connection from your home network will show as your 1 public IP.
Web browsers certainly DO NOT have their own IP address.

(06-10-2011, 06:49 PM)The Mentor Wrote: Fireren - Everyone has a dynamic ip you just dont really use it (hacking wise) , static is your like most important i.p you shouldnt worry about your dynamic ip , theres not point.

Most commonly, you'll have a dynamic external IP address. You won't have both dynamic or static, you'll just have one.

Restarting your web browser or even PC won't change your IP address, if you do have a dynamic IP you can try cycling (turning off and on) your router and modem which may renew your public IP.

Quote:you can call your internet provider and ask for a STATIC i.p , which means that every new connection your computer makes will change the i.p

This is just total bollocks.

I don't know where you've got your information from but I suggest you check it before passing it on.

Thanks for the info, I think that's answered all my questions XD
hmm i alot people know this but ther alot stupid guy dont know his ip and how to see it
Hey what If I want to find someone elses IP