• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening over the next few weeks?
I've got a big list of things to do relating to this forum over the next few weeks to help is grow and improve.

The first thing is i'll be adding one or two new plugins.

- Notification bar (show's up like a PM in that banner, so we can tell new news alot quicker. It won't be there daily)
- Python and coding plugins for code syntax - http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=111

Other things will be added / fixed.

- Captcha problem.
- Contact us form will be coded
- Custom admin email
- Donation page
- Subdomains (For SEOing mainly, maybe more in the future)
- Group images - In the process of being made.
- Advertising image Can now be found mcompute advertising image here
- Links underlined in posts.
- Members profile, can add gamer tags. Added Gamertags, PSN ID and Steam ID - Sharn
- Add "Programming Languages" to profiles.
- Add Help Documents, and link in the footer.
- Forwarded my other domains
- Added a sub forum where Guests can post, without having to sign up.
- Lowered the posting gap, from 120 to 30 seconds.
- Sorted the stars for posts
- Added a popup for non guests
- Pink stars for the first 50 members. - Someone needs to send me the stars, so i can make this group.

Also, i've been reading a book on SEOing and here's a few key things you can do to get us a few more members (more members = more fun and articles).

- Keywords, try and put keywords in your title threads of posts, so Google can see exactly what we're talking about.
- Apparently, google looks closely at the first paragraph (first 250 characters)
- External advertising is a nice idea as well, just something small on your website linking to us or our ad image (see above) on the page somewhere. Even a blog post saying you found this place wouldn't go amiss, just don't let it sound like an advert.
- Youtube
- MSN
- Facebook group(s)

I've even added it to my hotmail auto, personal signature.

Options > More options > Customize your mail > Personal e-mail signature

This then shows at the bottom of every email you send, if like me you send a lot then that's a lot of potential views!

Please post feedback / suggestions.

Thank you for reading.
Mark you dipshit, we already have an advertising image...
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I was thinking more like the link i MSN'ed you.
Now all you gotta do is remove that horrible waiting time between posts. I multi-tab for speed and you RUIN IT!!! :*
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
:o It's on the list, around the middle. I shall look after this drink.
Move it up the list then :grr
Done, brought it down from 120 to 60 seconds. Also minimum character limit you can post is 10 characters and if you're subscribed via email, like me then you get a 25 character preview.

All in a days jobs. :blackhat
Can't you just reduce the time limit completely? It would be more helpful and it would make the forum pick up speed much quicker.

Also, I like the character previews. Very helpful
OK. I've brought it down to 30 seconds - i think that's reasonable considering it'll probably take 30 seconds to read new posts in a thread and will stop spammers in the future.

Also the email preview is now 50, instead of 25. Smile
I multi-tab, + Windows Seven split screening means you're really cutting me from my chi Big Grin

Thanks anyway