• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic decoder ring.
So I was trying to fall asleep last night, and I found myself fantasizing about encryption. This was not the first time this has happened so I thought I would do something about it today.

Some of you may be thinking, "Hey! This is not the encryption forum!" But my focus here is not encryption but programming. So I whipped up a module in Python to encode some stuff. "Hey! This is not the Python forum!" Don't get excited, slappy. My focus here is not Python either. It is the method I used- I didn't use any encoding conventions because I don't know any. I just came up with this very simple 20 line script(and six lines are just print statements) that makes secret a bit of text.

After a few posts, I will post my source code and ask to see if you can write coded solutions(in any language) to decrypt the text below, BUT I want to see if anyone is up to the challenge and can figure it out first before I let the cat out of the bag.

Can you read the text in the code box or figure out my method?

Hints: This text is the music style section on a wikipedia.org article of my favorite band. I did only one operation on each of the letters. It is letter for letter and I did not encode the spaces.

Code:
Hbgi Ln{yfm jskxo qw ogvnhl dタ f gjwunwez dsl jxkgvqzk ysxql1 [qj pvwjhjn xw~tn xi wpi dgrg pdu vngubxfi hxtp pnh| pmxgn eqg kcymhouf qzwm yr pjym trko4 Zlh jdpk mav emxx oswjo{h}hf nytm mqitxguljs jrut vnjlw {vln vwytf4 Vwzrpn glxfw nwhrzhsknz kcym gnys emfqtn pupqjsnpz ls }on thtigukw rn von lduis ツggwv i| redtmyv5kxl|dtp|y Qfmm Ocrqrs wv}hu= &]g-zh jhgu wedmpz lqtxfnw~z rh |lk hpxh{ q}nw wii qjuz ft}ysn qi }kcxw/ iqf ツtu iewj vu diur{ wjd| zjk eo}hu {jaom} n| zmh {x|{fg wj crp uwfm jsd ssmq7 O wmqwr lv*{ oovsuwiqv }t jp ut vnj xw~ylh ww lkth wpdv rsssjvbyrqt3%]on n|zmiu si Kow{lm vprhx jg{h x{vpugv{ij lvrp hcyu~ ufpff|gy wmi} タhth qgtqig lvo fn brhwツ. xhwqx|| vrvi vu od|wgy weofetj| zmdy jyn ekivgeziulツhf k~ loxfqukmjqhm5 タrtgxpg{2 dql u|kylh lvrxwx3 Ypn |rpj{ scqi izhs|nst sigj{gthhx }v kkv|sx{2 p||kqsxly/ tpu~ngw h}u{~ug/ etf vhoqjkvw@ ipv jチcsuoj4 )R Jd~i vni Ewg{ xk Mplo `krphx Kvxwj%4 ltuq wph znqf0umuqnf fog}v3 wgotw vni v|rtタ tf b gn|jkwpfv ~qr gqwiq|iuv wjl houqwf xh Qlskxsw*u iwycywlq lp }me Tytv~gnfqsi Yrygu6 Pcs Urwp)z 'Rhmibxn zmh S{hthp% mtukvwv d onwo demqnf Zvjtnz| vkm _q{rjhz ku}t wii rxxoj Htjzq qi xng Xlwiqu5 Yhh fbsm)y o~zrj| co{s eurwdqq zxre tyswncrnvyql rpcjmv gx wqpgz7

This post is recycled from hf
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Was this done using Pythons .translate function?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Quote:I did only one operation on each of the letters. It is letter for letter.

:ermm

* Mark sits back and watches this space.
(21-11-2010, 06:57 PM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:I did only one operation on each of the letters. It is letter for letter.

:ermm

* Mark sits back and watches this space.

Heh. By this I mean, if the encrypted word is 5 letters long, the original is also.

@Drumm Nothing THAT simplistic. I wanted to do something that required a little programming logic. Usually I program when I want to solve a problem an unconventional way. Like bending the rules.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
BUMP answer appears here!
I. AM. LATCH.