• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VLC Playback
Hi, using VLC I often close down the media player to do something else but when I come back to it and open the same file I have to scroll through and find where I was last up to. At the moment I keep a txt file on my desktop and change the file name to the location that I am up to.
Is there any addon/ setting I am missing to allow VLC to playback the file from its last position, I am sure every other media player in the world offers this.
Using VLC 1.1.9 ‘The Luggage’ and Win7 SP1 x86
Jon
I don't know of any movie players that offers this? Some movie players offer the option to restart, but VLC aim to be minimal.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
My previous favourite player http://www.mpcstar.com/ did this - looks like I'm going back to it!
First off, welcome to mcompute.
I've just been having a google for this, so far I've come across "bookmarks" which seem to disappear when you close VLC making them useless.. VLC does have plugins and extensions so I'll be having a look at them some day soon. This feature would of actually been useful when I watched half a film last week, as I've now forgot where I was up to.
Usually, if I have to close it, it's brief and I can memorise the time.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
If somehow you can close the program but keep the process running in the background it should keep the time. Failing that I still need to look for an extension if there is one for this.
Do it with AutoHotKey. Winhide vlc;
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Thanks all, I allways seem to finish halfway through a video - hence this post.
does anyone know how would you go about writing an add on for VLC?
I cannot stand any additional process running on my pc which i like to close it.