How many cables are connected to your box?
Less than 5
25.00%
5 to 10
25.00%
11 to 15
25.00%
More than 15
25.00%
4 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Thread!
Information 
I've had as many as 18 cables coming out of my computer. Today, I have a mere 16 cables. I must be losing touch, nancy boy! Moving my computer is like a career. You have to study, plan, psyche yourself up, etc.

Oh and don't get me started on reloading it- it takes freaking 4 hours! I had to start keeping a log so I don't forget software and configurations and keys etc. Usually, I put it off until it's completely kacked and deal with little anomalies in the interim or use one of my other computers for that task. ie. the artifacting on my side monitors, blue screens when Winamp plays video or reading dvd movies, anything related to c++ crashes such as Pelles c, Frontpage, Pyscriptor, etc

Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I have my phone lead and charger, because that's all you need for a laptop Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
18! That's some total, i myself have a measly in comparison 13. umm.. another monitor would boost that to 14. :whistle

I also take this opportunity to lol at nubs who use laptops as a desktop
(12-11-2010, 07:04 PM)Mark Wrote: 18! That's some total, i myself have a measly in comparison 13. umm.. another monitor would boost that to 14. :whistle

I also take this opportunity to lol at nubs who use laptops as a desktop

Yeah I don't approve of that for the following reasons:
Proprietary hardware- difficult and expensive to repair
Weaker hardware- a huge gpu heat-sink just doesn't fit in there.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Q9000 and HD4850 are weaker hardware? What planet do you live on? :p

Though generally I would agree, I have no need for a desktop at the moment
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(13-11-2010, 01:22 AM)bigsharn Wrote: Q9000 and HD4850 are weaker hardware? What planet do you live on? :p

Though generally I would agree, I have no need for a desktop at the moment

That video card you mentioned is too big to fit in a laptop. Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Its the laptops that are weaker and more costly and difficult to repair. You can buy a video card at a department store for a desktop. A laptop- you're hosed and are going to pay minimum $400 for the motherboard because everything is integrated.

Every new laptop is going to be more powerful that what came before it, but basic physics disallows more stuff being done with out more heat being generated- for the most part(barring new technological efficiencies of course). My netbook is more powerful than the first computer I built.

My video card has a copper heatsink that weighs a pound to dissipate the heat generated. No way(right now) a surface mount gpu on notebook motherboard shoehorned into a small space can perform like a full sized card without burning out. Not even heat piped.
I. AM. LATCH.
Laptops have their needs. But these needs are usually something like playing pinball, or tetris. I've given up on moving my computer anymore. The cables are in such an awkward place. I have too many cables too count. If I had to guess I'd say around 15/16. Can't be sure though. What annoys me about laptops is that the heat leaves through the bottom, and most people put their laptops on tables to use them. Where's the problem with that I wonder..
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(13-11-2010, 10:59 AM)Drumm Wrote: Laptops have their needs. But these needs are usually something like playing pinball, or tetris. I've given up on moving my computer anymore. The cables are in such an awkward place. I have too many cables too count. If I had to guess I'd say around 15/16. Can't be sure though. What annoys me about laptops is that the heat leaves through the bottom, and most people put their laptops on tables to use them. Where's the problem with that I wonder..

For most people, what necessitates the need for a notebook is the act of imputing text away from home. I use my netbook to trouble shoot internet connectivity issues and as a repository for client data backup and to post to this forum while driving around(text input).
I. AM. LATCH.