• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharn's quest for a new job (The saga continues)
Ok, so as some of you know I did manage to get a new job, unfortunately this was a load of bollocks.

I'm currently working for a marketing company down in Leeds and in honesty it's rubbish. I spent £45 on a weekly train ticket to get down there and since I've had to spend £16 on train and bus fares to get into the field. The easiest way of explaining it is door-to-door marketing, but on behalf of charities... With every pledge I get, I receive £36.
In simple terms I actually only get £22.20 per sale. and the rest goes in a guarantor fund. I've made £66.60 since Friday and because I don't have the funds to pay for train fares etc. I can't actually go into work (means I can't make any money, means I can't go to work anymore etc. it's a vicious cycle).

It gets worse, I wake up at 8:30, I'm out of the door by 9:00 and I'm in the office by 10:30. we come out again at 12:00 and end up getting to our area at 14:00 (with me so far?)

I spend from 14:00 to 20:45 walking around knocking on doors hoping that some overly rich twat will open up and get his genousity on.
Get back to the office any time between 21:30 and 22:15 (as was the case last night), get back on the train home at 22:45 and get back home around midnight... Or with last night get the 23:42 train home (the last one from Leeds) and walk in the door at 00:30

Then repeat, every day, Monday to Friday (but the nice lads let me go home at 16:00 on a Saturday)

Anyway, I'm sure you can imagine by the end of 2-3 days of doing this I'm exhausted, and for the sake of £44/day I mightaswell just go on the dole(/Welfare).

So, back on the search: I've just applied to be a redcoat-a-like (For our American friends, the overly cheery reps you get in holiday camps) starting in March, hoping to get that, then just living on jobseekers (aka, the welfare) until then (Unless I get a temp job at the post office or something through Christmas)

Plan? Me thinks so :p
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Those sort of jobs suck. Tough luck with it though.

Dole is not good, once you're on it - it's not a lot of money, but it's easy money not where you want to be stuck.

OH, OH! I know those guys, are you doing the dancing? Like in Pontins. :rofl
I won't be dancing... OR SINGING *Gives Packet sharp stare*. I reckon I could be doing bar work :p
As you do...
Barman? So you will end up singing then...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
So you define a redcoat-a-like for Americans by referring to a holiday camp which is another British concocted term? God damn it Meatloaf. Google holiday camp in United States and see what you come up with. I can't believe I was forced to research this. It sounds like a job that only a charismatic, entertaining, slightly retarded homosexual would/could do. I am sure you will be perfect for it. Although you are not really moving any closer to doing what you love and getting paid for it. Good luck anyway though, you gotta put food on the table.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Well Chris knew what I was on about, so I assumed you lot used the phrase over there as well. And fucking about and getting paid for it is doing what I love, hence I did bus tours for so long :p
As you do...
That's because you like buses. Also the people behind the bar don't have the uniform :unhappy You need to find a nice job with promotion, bonuses and a pension = happy meatloaf.
I will do, when I can get into a good job

Though £250/week with accomodation paid for isn't bad :p
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sharn's quest for a good job (Cont. more) bigsharn 7 15,305 25-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Sharn's quest for a good job (cont.) bigsharn 8 18,128 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue