• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Nvidia releasing a game streaming technology? They hint
(31-08-2011, 11:30 PM)bigsharn Wrote: You live close to an exchange (I'm sure you mentioned that in a previous topic anyway... If I'm getting you confused, then I apologise). My closest exchange is 5 miles away... Mark's is around 15 miles away, even with decent internet speeds, the distance that most people are from their exchange is laughable in most countries.
That, plus 50Mb/s in the UK is extortion (£25/month)... I assume it's a similar story on the continent and for most users, it's overkill anyway.
An exchange or central office is used in the relaying of data over a physical medium usually copper either on coaxial cable or a telephone line pair. I am not on copper, I have a multi-mode fiber optic cable running directly into my home. It feeds my TV, internet, and phone. It cost me an extra $5/month to go from 25Mb/s to 50Mb/s. They are offering business packages upwards of 10Gb/s now. Overkill? What a ridiculous concept. Time is our most precious resource we have, who wants to waste it waiting on data transfers? They will always find ways to fill that extra overhead bandwidth.

@Mark
I have only seen one FDDI network in the last 10 years, and all the machines on it were in one 25ft X 25ft room. They were all running BSD Unix from the early 90's.

[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread