• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Nvidia releasing a game streaming technology? They hint
(31-08-2011, 01:49 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I don't think streaming to a device on your local network is going to impact your ISP bandwidth.

You haven't seen the restrictions the bastards put on people in Britain then Smile

Quote: It is quite unlikely that you would be able to stream over the internet in 98% of the world anyway simply because very few people have a fiber optic internet connection(or another medium capable of sufficient speed) running into their home.

This is very true... NVidia's more gimmicky ideas tend to be aimed at Japan and/or America, where internet speeds are over 1Mb/s (The average in the UK is around 1Mb/s, but I doubt this will cover the requirements to play it smoothly)

Quote:Even still I question whether the bandwidth on an 802.11g wifi connection would be sufficient to play a game like Crysis2 streamed to a device without a huge lag delay to ruin the gaming experience.

To be honest I very much doubt most home networks would be able to handle CounterStrike: Source, let alone anything more powerful.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...

Messages In This Thread