• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tips & Tricks] Disable fast user switching and Remove your name from the start menu
Hide a user from the logon screen in Windows XP.

1) start > run > regedit

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

3) In the right hand side right click and go to New > DWORD Value - Name it your username, so for example "Mark" then double click it and set the value to 0.

But this will only hide the user from the logon screen, you can still see it in the control panel and via net user. I'm guessing you want it hidden from those methods as well?

I can also log you on as "SYSTEM" but you need to find the tutorial where I switch up the command prompt to another exe - (here it is http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=48) it works by just starting explorer from the logon screen.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A few tips to ensure the safety of your information! windows 7 was my idea 0 4,621 30-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Last Post: windows 7 was my idea
  How to disable user access control (UAC) in Windows 7 / Windows Vista Mark 0 5,062 24-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Mark
  How to disable add / remove programs access [XP & Vista] Mark 0 8,981 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
  [TUT] How to start / enable networking on start up / boot. (Backtrack 4) Mark 0 9,092 13-07-2010, 11:16 AM