• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone in the world will die if I use the stack.
I had a dream when I was child of about 5 years old. In this dream, I saw the coming destruction of the world. I alone was able to stop it. Oddly the instrument of destruction of the lives of everyone on this planet was a large balancing rock. Somehow if it toppled, all life would cease. Unfortunately, I knew I could stop it by merely placing a penny under it to stabilize it- like one does with salt to make an egg stand on end(not the gyroscope method!).

I did not get the penny there on time- it was too late and it merely folded under the crushing weight of the world killing stone. Everyone in the world died because of my inaction. For this reason, ambiguity leads to shut down in my cpu.

Roundabout 8 years later when I was learning assembly language, I saw there were certain commands that would use the stack to move stuff around- pushing things onto the stack and pulling them off whenever it required. Being self taught with no one to guide my tender prepubescent mind abnormally obsessed with responsibility, I made the decision to allow the cpu use the stack however it wanted and I would use indirect addressing for datasets or 'arrays' thus never having to concern myself with stack overflows. It seemed to make sense to me at the time.

And there you have it- You are all still alive because I don't use the stack.

Even though there are only like 2 people on this forum that know what I am talking about, I posted it anyways. And you thought you had issues!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Messages In This Thread
Everyone in the world will die if I use the stack. - by latch - 29-01-2011, 09:49 PM