• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Build a Computer When You Don't Make Enough Money to Buy One Outright! [tut]
(19-11-2010, 07:20 PM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:oddly PCI-e cards are cheaper than the older AGP ones.

This is due to supply and demand, AGP cards are a thing of the past now. PCI-E is the future proof route, you can also expect better performance from a PCI-E card.

A few links seem to be broken, producing 404s.
On the power supply, go with a decent brand. You do not want to buy a cheap PSU, if the PSU goes the chance is half of your components will go as well.

Good informative thread. :thumbs

Right- I should have worded it like this- Oddly you get more performance for less money on the one hand, but you still need to buy a mobo that matches. So if you already have a good mobo with agp, it doesn't make sense to shelve it if you are watching your money.

This thread was written a few months ago and internet inventory is in constant flux- will find suitable replacements at a later time.

I have heard that about PSes but I have been buy cheap PSs for YEARS and the only one that has failed me catastrophically was one I took the fan out because I couldn't stand the noise. I think all that quality PS vs cheap PS buzz is hype meant to create a fake market. Indecently, the one that failed- I only lost the CPU in the failure, not half my components. mobo, memory, hard drives, all pci cards, the agp card, dvd roms, etc survived.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Messages In This Thread