How many cables are connected to your box?
Less than 5
25.00%
5 to 10
25.00%
11 to 15
25.00%
More than 15
25.00%
4 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Thread!
(13-11-2010, 01:22 AM)bigsharn Wrote: Q9000 and HD4850 are weaker hardware? What planet do you live on? :p

Though generally I would agree, I have no need for a desktop at the moment

That video card you mentioned is too big to fit in a laptop. Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Its the laptops that are weaker and more costly and difficult to repair. You can buy a video card at a department store for a desktop. A laptop- you're hosed and are going to pay minimum $400 for the motherboard because everything is integrated.

Every new laptop is going to be more powerful that what came before it, but basic physics disallows more stuff being done with out more heat being generated- for the most part(barring new technological efficiencies of course). My netbook is more powerful than the first computer I built.

My video card has a copper heatsink that weighs a pound to dissipate the heat generated. No way(right now) a surface mount gpu on notebook motherboard shoehorned into a small space can perform like a full sized card without burning out. Not even heat piped.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid Thread! - by latch - 12-11-2010, 04:24 AM