• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: Armchair on wheels
And so it begins...

[Image: 44501_420866963347_777558347_4755582_6025580_n.jpg]

In pretty good nick at the moment, and I got it for the tiny sum of £220 (bear in mind these trikes new are over £700)
To do list:
1 - First thing's first, get used to the physics of a trike*
2 - Add thicker rear wheels, to combat #1
3 - Fabricate mudguards, to help with #2
4 - Get myself measured up, and the frame and handlebars adjusted as such (Currently, my knees touch the handlebars, so cutting and welding is in order methinks)
5 - Add new gears and sprockets, trikes aren't meant to be fast but this one will be able to go MUCH faster with the thicker tyres Smile
6 - Pimp the ride (Or simply, add accessories, sand the frame and repaint it in chrome or black, add electronics)

*With bikes you lean into corners, with trikes you lean out of corners, so you're always in danger of flipping the trike. Also, because of the way it's made (short wheel base) you need to brake a lot earlier and take corners a lot slower... in the mile and a half from the shop I almost rolled it twice and lost control five times, luckily we have a cycle track that's off the road so I can get used to it on Sunday and maybe Saturday afternoon depending when I get home from work.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...

Messages In This Thread
Project: Armchair on wheels - by bigsharn - 13-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project COOOL DUUUDE bigsharn 21 44,666 03-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Mark