• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want?
I was attracted to the forum because of the line "Where white hats kick back" I think there needs to be more discussion on known blackhat activity and what can be done to stop it. Perhaps I am out of line but that IS what a "white hat" does. Maybe we need to recruit more in. I have a bevy of long-time friends/partners that I could bring in, but they can be assholes to n00bs... I get the feeling after being on here for a few weeks that there really isn't a whole lot of true White Hat activity going on. Don't get me wrong it is still a cool forum and I find it enjoyable, but some of you still have much to learn about being "hackers". I would be more than happy to do some TUT's but unless there is true interest I am not going to waste my time. I would be willing to bet if everyone who is a member of this forum (that is running Windows) posted a HJT log or a OTL log we would certainly find some malware on about 1 of every 4 machines, especially if you have been using pirated software. Perhaps that would be a good place to get started. If any of you are running anything but Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus on Windows than you are susceptible to kernel hook attacks and you should switch YESTERDAY. See this article, http://www.matousec.com/info/articles/kh...ftware.php [Yes your a/v is shit, deal with it] I suppose the bottom line is I would like to see less of Justin Bieber(funny yes, technologically irrelevant-absolutely) and more discussion of the cat/mouse games of computer security. If none of you are interested in learning such, why would you consider yourself a White Hat anyway? Again this is only my opinion and it is not my forum, but you asked and I answered.

Messages In This Thread
What do you want? - by Mark - 08-07-2010, 01:02 AM