• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show Us Your Setup!
(04-03-2011, 12:02 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: Nope, only just got a replacement part since I had a faulty stick of RAM. I plan to overclock it soon enough, so I'm not fussed. I don't need it overclocked atm, so it would just be a novelty

Nobody NEEDS to over-clock their processor. You do it because you can. That stock processor is mocking you, because it knows it is slacking and you are letting it. That sumbitch needs to be taught a lesson. I have gotten my neighbor's i7-950 up to 4.09GHz by doing nothing more than turning up the CPU Clock Ratio aka multiplier and a slight bump up in voltage on the CPU and memory. It raised the core temperature from 45 C under load to about 52 C. Once you overclock it, and get it running stable, you won't want to put it back to stock. Intel's have become pretty easy to overclock compared to what they used to be. If you ever decide to do it, just take it up nice and slow. Slightly tweak, test, repeat until satisfied. You should be able to get it up to 3.5Ghz by doing nothing more than increasing the multiplier, you won't even have to touch the voltage.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
Show Us Your Setup! - by hostingclick - 06-07-2010, 10:10 PM