PC
42.86%
Laptop
57.14%
14 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC or Laptop
(13-08-2010, 12:59 AM)bigsharn Wrote: In what application would you use 2x hex core 3GHz+ Xeon chips? Or three 30" monitors? Or 24Gb RAM? Or for that matter, any of the rest of that list.

If you say "folding" I will -rep you.

Folding on one computer is pointless. Folding is done using of hundreds of thousands of machines. Not only that but folding uses the GPUs(which you failed to reference), not the CPUs. If you even have to ask that question then you just don't get it. However I like you so I will humor you with an answer. In short, I could do pretty much any damn thing I wanted to do. Practically speaking, if I had 30,000 to drop into a computer I would run probably ubuntu x64 as my host, and have probably anywhere between 5-10 VMs running at any given time, doing anything from bruteforcing hashes to to running my development IDEs, analyzing malware, running my C&Cs for my honeypots, streaming video to 5 peripherals at once in 1080p(transcoding on the fly of course). Basically I would do the same shit I do now except a lot more at once and with more speed. For the record I don't build machines with intel processors or nvidia graphics cards. I am an AMD/ATI advocate.

What is it with you and the rep +/- offers/threats? -repping a fellow Vip will just piss them off and they will probably -rep you in turn. What's the point? Hell FTR I am the one who found and shared your youtube vid. Before that you were just Bigsharn the off the wall Irishman. But now and forever you are the infamous screaming MEATLOAF! So quit hating bitch. (BTW I would lend some spare GPU cycles to folding@home too!) :thumbs
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Messages In This Thread
PC or Laptop - by hostingclick - 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM