• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another college torrenting problem
So I'm going to college about 2000 miles away from home and apparently we can't torrent stuff here (figures) and if we do, we supposedly get our internet taken away. This does not bode well for me.

Basically, I need to torrent some shows. What is the best way to get around this "no torrenting" rule?

Some more info: I live in a large dorm building where each room has its own wifi and the only time you use the network wifi is if you're down on the second floor in one of the lounges or the cafeteria.

Solutions I've considered so far: Proxy server (but does that really work? It seems too easy), direct download (but that requires a LOT of un-rar-ing and that shit's just annoying), someone told me to use utorrent (which I already had) but then I read that someone else got caught using utorrent so I'm confused there, and then the oddest suggestion I've received is that while I'm torrenting the episodes, I should just put the "priority" of each one on "low" and that this will help because it won't take up as much bandwidth (O_o).

So please, what is the best way to get around this rule? I read something about "Ports" or something but I have never heard of them before. <---is not particularly computer savvy, but hey, that's why I'm here.

Messages In This Thread
Yet another college torrenting problem - by xscxx - 25-02-2012, 12:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blocked from college network for using uTorrent Fuzzyblob 17 58,687 13-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Zacharius