• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bittorrent on Port-Blocked Network
Quote:Also enter: a locked-down network and sysadmins with mysterious magical powers to thwart logic

Sounds about right. *hi5* fellow techies.

As in regards to your torrenting issue and any properly set up network the only ports you'll be getting access through with be 80 and 443.
The fact that you're booting into Mandriva and able to get access without Proxy details leads me to think you're not going through an ISA / proxy server?
If it is a straight line out which I doubt we must wonder what's throttling you, firstly what I'd suggest is configuring the client to run on port 80 instead of the higher ports it likes to use. What I'd then do is a quick numeration of the network, an nmap scan will achieve this, scan the entire network it may take a while but you'll we'll have something to work with then.

They've probably got QoS or some sort of monitoring, maybe an ntop box on the line somewhere.

Messages In This Thread
Bittorrent on Port-Blocked Network - by VoxAure - 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blocked from college network for using uTorrent Fuzzyblob 17 59,098 13-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Zacharius
  [Network +] Port Designations, well known port numbers and common applications Mark 0 8,878 21-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mark