• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix SQL Error 1054 - Unknown column
I'd just upgraded to MyBB version 1.6, and everything was running smoothly until i started cleaning up my plugins, in the process i removed my old 1.4 prefix plugin as 1.6 has its own support.

Then i tried to browse categories and just received;

[Image: 6r62c6.jpg]

Code:
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 't.prefix' in 'on clause'
Query
SELECT t.*, p.displaystyle AS threadprefix, ((t.totalratings/t.numratings) AS averagerating, r.uid AS rated, t.username, u.username FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_threadratings r ON(r.tid=t.tid AND r.uid='1') LEFT JOIN mybb_threadprefixes p ON (p.pid = t.prefix) WHERE t.fid='28' AND (t.visible='1' or t.visible='0') ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.lastpost desc, LIMIT 0, 20

Which is bad.

Looking through the database using phpmyadmin, i couldn't find the culprit.

Fix:

Re-upload the /install/ directory in to the root (public_html) of your website. Then browse to http://yourwebsite.com/install/upgrade.php and re-upgrade your forum. This'll reload the tables and clean up any crap.

Once finished, delete the /install/ directory and carry on as usual.
Did you go through the re-install successfully from 1.4 to 1.6? It'll remove the old tables, (where this problem is)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to use your own custom error pages on 000webhost Mark 0 14,716 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Mark